Thursday, October 6, 2011

Meal on the go...

 
While not technically a lunch from food cart, my lunch selection today was designed with speed in mind.  After surveying the long line at Blowing Smoke BBQ (which offers a rib special on Thursdays – more details below on this yummy deal) and consulting my watch, I darted over to Ocean Grill to try out their “Grab and Go Menu”.

Once at Ocean Grill, I spotted a small menu on the bar displaying the “Grab and Go” selections.  The menu includes a blackened chicken ceasar wrap ($7), bread bowl of soup ($5), and my selection a Turkey Avocado Wrap ($7.50). 

I placed my order with the bartender/hostess, who kindly accommodated my request for an extra side of dressing with no extra charge J!  By the time I paid and received change, a neatly packaged black to-go container had already arrived for me. 

After less than 5 minutes I was out the door with my wrap in hand.  I decided to forgo a beverage, as their only choice was a fiji bottled water for $3… really $3 for a bottle of water, the same one I can buy at Walgreen’s for $1.29?  A more reasonable price or a individual size bottle of sparkling water would have been much more appealing – I decided to treat my fiscal responsibility with a small black iced tea at Starbucks for a fraction of the cost. 

Upon opening the box at my desk, I noted that it was plum full with a neatly cut wrap and a hearty supply of chips.  The homemade potato chips were delicious – these alone may be the reason I return.  They were perfectly crisp with ample (but not too much) sea salt and still a touch warm, these are very obviously homemade, no mistaking that.

The wrap was a bit unbalanced - too little turkey in comparison to the much more abundant amount of lettuce, leaving me thankful that I ordered the extra dressing to add some extra flavor (helping combat the overwhelming lettuce situation).  Beyond the minor scrimping on turkey and the abundance of lettuce, the wrap provided a nice crunch by incorporating matchstick carrots, flavorful cheese, freshly sliced avocado and a delicious pesto dressing (which I used extra of to dip my chips in!). 

Overall, the quickness, price and quality were good (not amazing) a bit more turkey would have been nice (if you enjoy veggies more than meat – this is for you).  Nearly everywhere you go has some kind of wrap – so its hard to make them stand out against one another.  However, in this case, the dressing, fresh avocado and the homemade chips really help this one stand out from the average, but doesn’t take it far enough to make it craveable. 

I would eat here again, probably to try another selection or as a back up when winter settles in and the carts disperse.  If they sell just the chips, I would be back daily for a snack!   

Happy Lunching Madtown!

PS… Blowing Smoke BBQ, located kiddy-corner from Walgreens offers a rib special on Thursdays.  As I noted, the line was rather long and my time was short, so I had to forgo partaking on this special.  But here are the details…

1 Bone - $2.00
2 Bones - $3.00

4 Bones + 2 sides + fresh bread + soda = $8.50

Check back next Thursday for my Blowing Smoke BBQ Rib Review!  

No comments:

Post a Comment