Monday, October 10, 2011

Brisket A Go-Go


Blowin Smoke – Friday 10-06-11

Beef Brisket Sandwich – Broccoli Salad – Coleslaw ($7.50)

A day late and a dollar short for the ribs, I selected the Friday special at Blowin Smoke, a Beef Brisket Sandwich with cheddar cheese, red onion, pickles and spicy BBQ sauce on a Kaiser roll.  The sandwich included my choice of two of the following sides:

Baked beans
Six bean salad
Coleslaw
Broccoli Salad
Potato Salad

I picked the broccoli salad (popular mix of mayo, raisin and sunflower seeds).  This particular salad had ample mayo, which I always appreciate.  I also choose coleslaw; both proved to be good choices.  The slaw was just the right combo of tangy and creamy – the poppy seeds really make it stand out against the average slaw! 

Both of my sides came in 4 ounce portion cups, at first I thought it seemed small but it was really plenty.  In fact, if I ordered just a regular sandwich like the pulled pork, which I am eyeing up for next week, I would only get one side.

My brisket sandwich was huge, I mean freaking ginormous.  The portion of beef was so generous.  My only complaint it could have been a bit warmer (i.e. hot enough to melt the cheddar cheese).  Overall the flavor of the meat was great.  I wouldn’t call the sauce “spicy” but it had a little bite. 

To make this sandwich craveable, I would add one more layer of flavor, by substituting pickled red onions or red cabbage for the raw red onions.

Nevertheless with news that Blowing Smoke will be delivering from Dec. to Feb., I will undoubtedly be a return customer!   

Happy Lunching!

No comments:

Post a Comment